WORK TOWARD OWNERSHIP WHILE YOU RENT! REBUILD YOUR CREDIT, SAVE FOR A DOWNPAYMENT, FREE CREDIT ADVICE
Every day there are unforeseen circumstances that can alter our lives. A divorce, a death in the family, the loss of a job, medical issues or simply reaching a point of having too much debt trying to make ends meet. We offer solutions to homeowners who need to sell fast, prevent foreclosure, finalize a divorce, negotiate with their lender to get out of a loan, or have unwanted inherited property.
We have over 18 years of experience in the Omaha real estate market with a proven track record of helping people to sell their homes fast, fair, and with the low hassle. With over 100 homes bought and sold and a Better Business Bureau rating of A+, we have a history of helping people sell their homes in a fast or flexible way that best fits their unique situation. No pressure tactics, no obligation, no closing costs or commissions, no fees, no hassle. Just simple, fair cash offers that allow you to decide if our offer meets your needs.
We also provide a unique service that helps our residents work toward homeownership while they are renting. We do this by reporting your monthly rent payments to all 3 credit bureaus to help build your credit score, helping you to save for a down payment with monthly rent credits, and providing free credit council and multiple local lenders to choose from when it’s time to finance your home.
Rent To Own Program
- We report your monthly rent payments to all 3 major credit bureaus to improve your credit score. Most banks want to see at least a 620 credit score and the higher your score, the lower your interest rate and monthly payment. This service is free to you.
- Depending on your monthly payment we apply a portion of your monthly rent toward the future purchase price as well as your initial option fee/deposit. This helps you work toward saving the 3.5% – 5% downpayment that banks require to purchase. If your deposit is $2,500 and your monthly rent credit is $100, in 2 years you will have $4,900 to apply toward the purchase price of the home ($2,500 deposit + $1,200 per year).
- We work with multiple local lenders who compete for your business and provide flexible terms since they keep most of their loans “in-house”. This simply means they don’t have the excessive requirements that most large banks have, which makes it easier for you to qualify for a home mortgage.
- Our lenders along with our staff analyze your credit score for free and make recommendations that will help to improve your credit score. You can track your credit score for free at www.creditkarma.com.
- We provide hassle-free contract extensions. If you have paid your rent on time and taken good care of the house, we offer no-hassle, 3 months, 6 months, and 12-month extensions to ensure you eventually own the house.
Benefits of Home Ownership
- Home value appreciation. Home values have historically increased in value by 3-5% per year in Omaha. On a $100,000 home that is $3,000 – $5,000 per year!
- Leverage! If you buy a home for $100,000 with a $5,000 down payment and your home increases in value 5% in a year you make $5,000 in appreciation. You make $5,000 in one year on your $5,000 investment! That is a 100% return on your investment!
- The monthly reduction in your loan balance also known as a principal reduction. With each month’s mortgage payment, a portion of that payment goes toward paying down your loan amount and each month’s payment pays off a larger portion of the loan.
- Capital gains exclusions. If you own your house for 2 or more years when you sell you get to keep all of the profits tax-free! Up to $250,000 tax-free for an individual and $500,000 tax-free for a couple!
- As you build equity in your home through appreciation and principal reduction you can take a “Home Equity Line of Credit” out against the equity in your house. The interest rate on this line of credit is typically the lowest you can get and the interest that you pay on it over the year is tax-deductible.
- Over time you save substantial money by owning your home compared to renting it and you own an asset that automatically builds wealth over time.
- In many cases in Omaha, it costs less to own your home than to rent it, saving you money each month.
All of these benefits don’t take into consideration the tax benefits you get from owning your home, which include the ability to write-off the interest you pay to the bank on your loan as well as your property taxes and insurance